Thursday, October 12, 2006

Next I would like to touch on the most recent subj of Quizzes.

I agree that who in NTU do not have quizzes man. I would oso like to agree that quizzes can be studied for IF you plan you time well.

But that is also a big "IF". I guess all of you have did something like a exam schedule or what to study today and what to study tml. How often do you get to follow your schedule to the dot? I guess most of you will sure cannot follow the schedule some time or another. Unless of cos you are a master planner or super disciplined, and you sure will be in Dean's list le.

It also comes to the point of how much do you take your quizzes for? To some ppl, just passing is ok, to some ppl, they want to score, and maybe to some ppl, they just dun care.
Not everyone has the same standards. For me, you can say that I just aim for a pass. But this is up to the individual. Ideally all would say they want As. But if we all say we want As then can get As, we all will again be in Dean's list le.

Next, not everyone rate of study is the same, some may absorb slower than others, while some may understand things in a flash. Some may have super memory, while some may have short term memory. We all are very different ppl, each with our strength and weaknesses. Some maybe super smart but have super small dicks. Some may be good in gymnastics but poorer in strength, some maybe super daring, but a little slower than others. But we are all different. We are not all born geniuses in everything, if not we all again will be in Dean's list le.

What I want to bring out is that, do not judge everyone like you judge yourself. Everyone has different expectation of a quiz. Some people may need more time last minute to study becos of short term memory. Some ppl might just be not a master time planner like others, some unexpected situation might arise. You may be able to do something, but that does not means that everyone has to be like you.

And who you tink can judge this. Frankly speaking, no one is in the position to judge anyone. Not even if you are a genius and in the Dean's list. So what more can I say if you are not even a genius or in the Dean's list. So pls do not judge.

I believe that everyone in the team loves the team, for the ppl in it, for each others strength and weaknesses. If we do not love the team, we would not have stayed on so long and gave so much to it. I believe that no one would want to miss training if they could. But if they were to miss it, there is definetly a reason. As team mates, we ought to empathize with it, if not jus sympathise will do. Instead of shooting each other down. We should share each other's burden.

I am not suggesting that one can skip training just becos of a quiz the next day as an SOP, or a formality. What I am saying is that if it really is a must due to unforeseen circumstances, we as team mates should not bluntly accuse the person's love and commitment for the team. We should instead share the burden.

We would not like to see in future ppl coming up with excuses such as family prob to study for a impt quiz. It will happen if we are not sympathising with the person. I rather there be transperency than a load of lies.

Once again I feel that we are all adults and responsible for our own actions. Pls do not exploit our love for one another. Instead think for each other, feel for each other. Be in the shoes of the other person.

We are all in this team together. We all should help each other and the team grow. The last thing that I want to see is more ppl shooting each other and seeing ppl wanting to quit.

No comments: