Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Butterfly Effect

I wonder if anyone still check this blog... haha.

It has been some time back when we came back from Japan, about 4 months had past. It is time. Well people who used to be followers of this blog would asked, how come no more updates? I guess the answer to that question cannot be fully expressed by words alone.

Year 2007/2008 was a very good year for NTU ACES. We won the cheerobics champion for the 3rd consecutive year, and more importantly set the standards. However all good things have to come to an end, and that ending for us was in Japan, after CAIO. Ever wondered what would it be like now if we never been to Japan? On the hindsight, think about it if we did not go Japan, all the drama that we would have avoided, friends would still be friends, and more love would be in the air.

Well it is all a thing in the past now. The back bone of the teams that won the Championship for 3 years in a row has left. But they left behind a strong foundation, and a good winning reputation built over the years; everyone can now accept that ACES is the best team around. Now the current batch has taken over the mettle, and inherited a wealth of opportunities. Alright, I know some may say, take over the shit or something more like it. Well I cannot disagree with them too, there are definetely shit in it, just like we always had ever since 5 years ago. You cannot expect to only have the good things in life and not the shit; even when you eat buddha jump over the wall, you will still end up clearing shit into the toilet bowl. But you know that at least you are eating buddha jump over the wall, and all is worth it.

I am sure it is all worth it. To begin with. you guys, current ACES are now cheering for the reigning champion, and training with the best cheer facilities, a big hall, 7 row mats, at least 288 jigsaw mats, 2 "O-jump" crash mats, gym just beside, track just outside, sufficient lighting and air-conditioned. How about the feeling of being the champions after you guys beat tough competitors and won the guess competition, not to mention the watches you guys recieved. Over the past few months, I am sure you guys enjoyed the all the performances and events that you guys been to. Your exposure was so much more than the seniors before you, you guys are literally everywhere, on 8days, i magazine, radio, online Stomp production, and even a 30 min TV show. I am sure there are many people who wished to be in your position, it is definetely something memorable to remember this phase of your life. For all the above, I am sure you all are willing to take a little shit for the friends next to you.

Actually I kind of miss the day to day training with ACES. I wish the current batch all the best, endure through whatever shit thrown to you, and with perseverance and hardwork, you will get what you guys deserve, and that is nothing less than a championship again. Hope you guys can stick together, stay strong and create a even better future for ACES, to allow your future juniors to be able to enjoy what benefits and privileges you guys are enjoying now too. Nothing is to be taken for granted, and what the future holds for ACES juniors to be, the environment they will train and live in, now falls on your shoulders.

Once again, I wish and hope for the physical strength and mental endurance to ACES, to strive hard and push through the tough trainings ahead for Cheerobics 2009. Jiayou.

It all begins again...

No comments: