Thursday, May 08, 2008

To be a better Person tomorrow

I had a chance yesterday, to meet some people with very establish careers and has million dollars portfolio under charge. I was lucky, that some of them are friendly enough to share some success pointers with me. I was very impressed and awed, and it had totally changed my thinking overnight.

I decided to share this one particular point with you, which I feel, will help to shape our character. I was told that instead of aiming for the highest post in your career, or the highest point of the corporate ladder that you can climb, I should try to be a better person tomorrow.

I asked him the meaning of being a better person, and why must it be tomorrow. His reply was,

“To be a better person tomorrow is to be better than today.”

“Anything, as long as you are better then today. You can be saving 1 dollar today, and you are better tomorrow, by being 1 dollar richer”

I took sometime to digest and trying to seek some enlightenment. I replied him humbly,

“Is it a way to be constantly improving? As long as you are improving, it does not matter?”

He told me that I am only half correct. He laughed for a while and tells me.

“Young man, if you are constantly thinking of improving and do well, what is the difference from aiming that point in the corporate ladder? What I trying to tell you, is that one should not remain stationary at all. You should be trying different things, making mistakes, and be strong to take failure, and you will find out that you are improving all the time. A failure is a reason for you to take only a short break, where a success only gives you a reason to chill out for a while. Life goes on and you should continue trying to be a better person tomorrow.”

Simple statement he made, but the meaning behind it is not. 30K well spent, as I am sure that I have many more things to learn from them.

Try to apply this in cheerleading,

“To be a better Cheerleader tomorrow”

No comments: