So who is happier?
Earlier:
So who is better off, a man in rags eating his bowl of rice with his family in his hut made of straw, or a man in his fancy suit sitting alone in a posh restaurant eating shark's fin? Who do you think will be happier?
From my not too long experience in life, both will not be happy. This is the nature of humans. As we will always put it, "ren shi fan jian de".
The man in rags will be eating his rice and thinking at the same time, imagining," How I wish I can be eating shark's fin instead of plain rice."
&
The man in suit will be eating his shark's fin thinking and reminiscing, "How I wish I can go back to the times when my family are still close to me, I would trade anything to get back with them."
The grass is always greener on the other side, everything comes in cycles. The eternal struggle to find one's purpose in life, people suffer to enjoy, work to play, win some, lose some.
"Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death." "Why are we scared to die? Do any of us remember being scared when we were born?"
We are all students of life, let us enjoy this journey. In the end, we are all but humans. Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment