Merry go round.
Now I understand why even if a team has a winning routine, the team do no reuse it over and over again for competitions. For example the BU routine this year, if they were to use it again next year and not fail any stunts, they will be champions again. But why they won't do so?
When I did the routine on cheerobics day, I can remember giving it all the strength I had, but the little actions and minor details are exactly the same as what I did during trainings. Somehow the way you run your routine in training will be the way you run your routine during competition too, just with a bigger smile thats all. This is because of the hundreds of times we ran through the routine in training and the minute details of the way you go through are already ingrained inside you, and the competition is all but the final time you are going to do it, with all that is left inside you.
Training for a winning routine is never "fun". It is all about discipline and repeated drilling of the same actions, to gain a muscle memory even with fatigue. This is a very important factor to have a stable routine, however this is also the reason why I am feeling even more tired and restless when training for CAIO. Just imagine 6 months of doing the same repeated actions over and over again. The muscles already has the memory, but the brain is already "dead" and "paralysed" to the feeling, there is nothing to stimulate the mind any more. Those who go gym should know that doing a chest exercise repeatedly with no variations over a few weeks will bring you less and less benefits, and at times will even reduce your performance greatly. This is just the way the body was built to handle stresses.
I just wonder how much more I can squeeze out of myself when I step onto the mats in Japan. Even a robot needs a reprogramming at times. And the answer to why teams do not repeat a winning routine; its because the mind cannot handle it, and performance levels will drop.
P.S:
To be good takes a habit, to be a champion takes a lifestyle and to maintain being a champion takes a enjoyable and sustainable lifestyle. To be a champion ACES cheerleader, it is not a easy road to walk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment