Karma or not.
I was the involved party in the previous post made by *star*. Seriously speaking, I do not feel as much guilty as I did the last 2 times I injured another flyer. This time I know I did my part as best as possible. I made sure I had enough spotters and I knew what I was doing. Though It was not a required stunt, I was confident of it. She kept blaming herself but It seems it wasn't her fault, nor is it the spotter's fault. I guess this kinda situations is totally unexplainable. Guilty, I am but I knew this is gonna come some day. The day you cannot push the blame on anyone but everyone got to realise it's everyone's moment of folly.
His post brought me back to some critical issue. When do we actually learn new stuff, When do we actually teach new stuff. Another team got 2 injuries back to back, because we taught them some stuff they were not ready to learn, we didn't teach well or they never learn well. After taking Coach2, it's said we have a 'failure to warn' clause, we are suppose to tell them what would happen if they didn't do it right. So what went wrong?
In the team, we emphasize safety a lot, cos we seen all major and minor injuries(if you are wondering, my flier's injury is minor but no doubt still a injury). We've learn progress before progression and the after effects of not sticking to the game plan. We've taught everything we could, proper spotting, proper technique and proper progression, if people refuse to learn the 'correct' way and start to interpret their own methods, whose fault?
The teacher or the disciple, and the situation is compounded once again, because we are all friends, whatever we can tell is our own experience, our own feeling, a simple piece of advise, and it's up to them to listen or not. It's true sometimes what other say is a bull of crap just to show their superiority but sometimes we do it because we don't wanna see any injuries but on the other end, sometimes people continue not to listen. There's nothing more we can do.
What do we want? Do we want to wait for a injury, scold the person and wait for them to wake up or do we keep nagging and act like we know everything or just shut up and watch the show? The line is blurred each and other training. Sometimes I don't know what to do. I'll currently struggling in the cycle, to help and be ignored, to just naggy and pray for the best or just watch the show as long as it doesn't concern me and at the end of the day say 'I knew this is gonna happen," or "I told u So"
What do we want? Do we want everyone to quit so there's not cheerleading so there's no more injuries or do we want to continue training as we were or do we want to improve things somehow?
End of day like some one say before, "hai ya, you only talk cok only, nothing would ever happen," i just wanna know how long does it truly take every1 to humble themselves and shut up and start listening to each other and those who really know their stuff to stand up and talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment