Friday, September 29, 2006

Its been so long since I posted. I tink now is about time I posted some thing in view of all the unfortuanate and shitty incidents that had happened.

First if all I would start with the camp thats just over. Well overall it was fine from the freshies pt of view. But thats becos they din know the things behind the scene.

Rite up till the very last day, things like accomodation and trainng ground has not been settled. RSU personal were also settled like just 2 days before. The lorry also dragged some time. The proposal have not been submitted rite up to the last 2 days. Even simple things like emailing out a already done proposal could bring about so much drama. Every one knows their jobscope and can they just do it instead of pushing it around. I dun care if your laptop is being crush by a bus or wat, you still have to find a way to email it out.

Ended up we were lucky to have our "Godmother" to help us find accomodation at hall 10 but no separate one for the RSU ppl. The lorry was also rented based on the contacts last year.

The communication betw the comm was also poor. Some didn't know stuff like where to train and time to meet. Is it PESS room or SRC. They did not know that it was shifted back to 6pm instead of 515pm. They also din know about the accomodation matters, whether we needed to bring our sleeping stuff over or not. Then we were also being told last min that sentosa trip has been changed to sat instead of mon. I fully understand and agree with the rational behind this change, but why can't it be thought of earlier?

Those not in the comm will look for those in the comm for answers, but even till the very last min nothing was sure. Handphones were off, cannot get thru. Why is there this communication prob? All I can say is that cos every thing was done and confirmed so last minute. And why was things done so last min? Was it due to poor planning? or simply "oh we din thought of that"? or becos only some ppl were doing all the work?

Despite all this things happening, I am glad that once the camp starts, first day training was smooth and they know that they are going sentosa the next day, supper was fine, everyone was quite smooth.

The 2nd day, we went to sentosa to have fun. It was all fun and everyone enjoyed our selves. The programs were fine. Most of the freshies got to try out some stunts in the water.

But as always the shit starts to come in when the fun is over. We over shot our time schedule. Becos the freshies guys were taking very long to bathe. Ended up we had to take a cab back to school from Harbour Front. It is such little things that can make some tempers rise.

When breakfast was promised for the freshies before the camp, it should be given. however, no breakfast was prepared for them. This is just wrong. It is not about " ok we will pay for another meal instead cos we forgot". Does it matter? The thing is that we had already broke our trust. Even if the freshies dun mind, do we think that we can live with it? It is so unprofessional.

The whole of day 3 was spent training in the SRC. I would say that all the trainings had been not bad. The juniors learnt alot. However, I would have to address the spotting issue again. When you are tired and stoning like a zombie, pls excuse yourself and take a break. No one is going to blame you for that. Spotting should always be the number one issue when it comes to training.

Day 4 is the last day of the camp, the juniors are going to put up a performance and there is going to be a BBQ and prize presentation. The juniors had time to rehearse their routine while some of the seniors went out to prepare for the bbq and also the the collection of the camp t shirts.

The camp t shirt was another screwed up job done man. Nobody went down to the shop to bring back samples for size fitting or jus sample viewing. and then did not even check the online catelouge properly. mixing up sleevesless and cap sleeves. If everything turn out fine, no one will care if you actualli went down once to liase with them or not, but the fact is that it was totally screwed up.

I cannot believe that no one actually went down to take a look, afterall we are talking about few hundred dollars worth of goods. In my opinion this was the biggest mistake of the camp as it caused us to incur $270. And this is also after our Bear went down to "puay" with the person. I felt that those responsible for it should bear part of the loses.

BBQ was good except for the sourcing of location. Again it was too last minute. And pls be more careful when you said you will help buy some of the stuff, instead of forgetting to buy it. Diesel is cheap but not free, dun make double trip if you can only take one, and not to mention the extra effort.

I would like to add one more shit, pls do not pull other's thumb out of a baskettoss for nothing. wat was that for man, for fuck? adding new injuries to a team that is quite depleted already. But it was some nice backtucks done out there that night man. Cool shit.

This time round the itinery was much less than last yr. much less RSU ppl came down. Less trip out of ntu. Luckily it was the case or I would not dare to imagine how much more shit we are going to have, such as the possiblity that the RSU ppl will have no place to stay.

Some post camp issues. The checking out of the room also met with some shit. apparently the hall 10 office was not very pleased with wat we had done to the room. They even wrongly accuse us of wat we did not do. Even so, whether we are in the right or wrong, we have to accept the blame and pls settle and make peace with them esp our god mother asap. We would not want her to mis trust us in future.

I feel that we are really taking the support SRC given us a little for granted. Things like the aircon and training venue. Our god mother was already very unhappy with our fuck up planning this time round, so pls do not let her impression of us worsen.

Last but not least, the departure of the RSU ppl at the airport also met with some shit. they were apparently late for 1 min and not allowed to check in. they had to come up with 96 dollars sing each to take the next flight. This are some of the shit that we can never predict, yet gonna cost us. We paid half of the extra charges for them. I hope the fire that day did not die and lets bring this issue up to the authorities, and not just say for fun that day.

I tink this post basically sums up all the shit that has been going on in the camp. It is over but I hope ppl can take this as a contructive critism and learnt from it, do not take this in a negative way and give up. No one is perfect. I took 1 hr 30 mins typing this man. phew. Hope you guys read it and dun fall asleep, dun waste my efforts.

Overall I still enjoyed the camp and tot that it was very benificial. I would like to thank all the comm members out there for making this camp a wonderful one. Special mention must still go to Giappy. Without him I tink life will just be a little shittier. Same for Chingyan and Eve who came down to accompany and take care of the RSU ppl, you gals are of great help, thanx.
"xin ku ni men le"

No comments: